Chimichurri Heaven

“Three bunches of parsley?! Three huge bunches!” I cry out in disbelief from the mudroom. My tone seems to have no effect on my husband who casually strolls his way in my general direction. “Guess the shopper isn’t a culinary master like you,” comes his reply. We both burst out laughing over his weak attempt at wisecracking. Although I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with all this parsley, we were grateful to our shopper for replenishing our essentials. This was the first time we had scheduled a grocery delivery instead of shopping ourselves. Also, the order was for three bunches of cilantro (haha).
As I vigorously washed my parsley stockpile, I knew there was only one thing I wanted to make with this beast. And it would also give me the opportunity to use the fresh oregano from our herb garden. A beloved Argentinian condiment. And one of our favorites. CHIMICHURRI. No visit to a South American restaurant would be complete without us walking out with containers of this cherished sauce. On chicken, on fish, on shrimp, on pork belly - it turned anything you put it on into a chef’s dream. We always marveled on how something so simple could taste so divine. Tangy, sweet, tart, mildly spicy, and buttery. It was love at first bite. And only grows stronger with time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Be Soulfully Present