Advance Mother's Day Wishes


MOTHER: "mother is a biological and/or social female parent of an offspring. Because of the complexity and differences of the social, cultural, and religious definitions and roles, it is challenging to define a mother in a universally accepted definition." - As given by Wikipedia

"It is challenging to define a mother in a universally accepted definition..." You bet!! 

Mom, Maa, Amma, Madre, Mère..."What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet." Its pointless for me to go on and on about how special Mothers are, or how fulfilling Mothers make our lives because anyone who has ever come across a Mother's Love know the feeling. At the risk of sounding cliche, Let me tell you that I've the best Mother in the whole wide world (yes, yes..each one to their own :D).

When God made a Mother, He made her strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet made her arms gentle enough to give comfort. He gave her the inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times will come even from her own children. He gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going and take care of her family and friends, even when everyone else gives up, through sickness and fatigue even if she complains once in a while :P He gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her badly...(Now, I know we've all been there atleast once and if you are anything like I am, more than once - haha!). 

She's always there to answer my calls or to listen to my "small talk" --
She's always there to pick me up whenever I fall --
She's always there to tell me when I'm doing something wrong, even if she has to scream her lungs out --
She's always there to listen to my thoughts and give advice when asked --
She's always there in my difficult times, either as a silent protector or as a loud invader --
She's always working hard to make my life a bit more easier
She's always there to teach me the value of hard-work, good judgement and honesty
She's always there beside me, even in times when I've pushed her away --
She's always there in all my ups and downs, encouraging me to push a little harder
She's always there...

Inspite of all our ups and downs, all our fights and arguments, all the hurtful and painful words, the mistakes we've both made, You are always there...You are my "anchor" to this life, the lighthouse to my stranded ship...the "rock" i clung to, I wish could have shown my love, so much more than I did - I never did it enough!

"She's your first love and your first heartbreak....and nothing on earth can separate you.
She's the place you came from, your first home.. She's the map you follow with every step that you take."

Happy Mothers Day, Ma!! I love you all the more...
Thank you for always being there, even in times when I thought I didn't need you - you didn't give up on me!

Comments

  1. Chinnu:

    "I LOVE YOU" more than words can express.We may have our time of arguments and disagreements
    But in the end we will work through it
    Just remember that not only can I be your mom I can also your best friend in the end. What I wanted most for my daughter was that she be able to soar confidently in her own sky, whatever that may be.

    LOVE YOU!!!

    MOMMY DEAREST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good write up.wonderful pics :)
    "talli premaku velakatta galara
    lOkamanta jata kattina"?
    u have sacrificed ur needs to see brightness in our eyes that remains deep in my heart!

    happy mothers day !

    TC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven