Lighthouses.

Fine, I'll tell you where my strength comes from. It comes from a warm, strong core of selflessness, the grit and grime of people who've taught me lessons I desperately needed to learn. Each one of you who has taught me something about life, about myself has been an invaluable teacher; and I thank all of you for bestowing me with life's tough, but necessary education. A child's first teachers are always his/her parents, and you've taught me that there can be beauty in imperfection too. To always put your heart and soul into everything you do. And to still be able to love myself, thank you. And the teachers who saw potential in me even on those drought-striken days when I couldn't muster another step forward. For calling me your betting horse, thank you. You'll always be my silent guideposts. To those doctors/professors who taught me that it's okay to be strong and weak at the same time, that trembling hands can also mean responsibility towards your patients, thank you. To those ones who painstakingly tutored me through nights drawing pictorial representations of Anatomy, Obg, Medicine etc, thank you. For that one special surgeon who inspired me to fall in love with a subject I detested-in his kindness towards his patients, in his perfectionism towards procedures, and in his passion; for cultivating my present "workaholicness" work ethic-thank you for being my reticent muse. What is any ocean, but a multitude of drops? What am I, but the product of all your teachings? Happy Teacher's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes