Letters to Juliet



That old parchment on the wall
The ink has faded, the scribbles barely visible
The tears that ran down her face
As she inscribed her heart's lament 
The smell still wafts from the old papyrus
Crumbling down from the weight of his fantasies
I stare at her delicate proud profile
Her soft features searching for an answer
Have you always imagined it to be this way?
A wanderer lost, a love betrayed, a loss remedied
I ran my fingers on the mossy decaying walls
So many untold stories, lost and found
Wars waged, a victor's cry, a defeated slump
My heart ached, my fingers trembled, my knees buckled
Passion knows not of logic, or bounded by falsities 
Across the table our eyes will meet, a moment is all it takes
A grandeur entrance it might not be, a slow uprising mayhap?
A skeptic turned believer, at the red brick wall of ardor
The unconscious interpreter of your soul, the eyes
Mine seek them everywhere, and in everyone I discover you
Only to find it was the reflection of you in my soul
She stumbles past me, brushing me aside
Her eyes swollen, her lips quivering, her fingertips blue with ink
Was she here for the same reason? An invisible thread linked us.
"Ciao, bella." I mumbled. She turned around, smiled with a wave.
I'll be waiting for you on the other side. Until then, my love.

…Do you believe in destiny? - I think it's destiny that I'm here right now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes