Veni. Vidi. Vici.


Bittersweet Moments
Once here, gone tomorrow
Taking flight on an angel's wings
These pebbled lined lanes of yesterdays
Serenade stories to its pedestrians 
Of slayed dragons and demons fought
At the foothills of the ancient mountain 
Nothing ever went according to plan
She rose. She flew. She landed firmly so.
We built the mosaic one piece at a time
This moment contains all moments
I put pen to paper, one last time 
The monsters in my head ooh-ed and aah-ed
I may look still, but the voices in me torrential
Turn around, supine angel-
A waltz at her Papa's feet
Butterfly kisses on her Mama's cheek
Silent prayers chanted in fervor 
That chilly day in November, two of us shared
The giggles echoing in these shattered ruins
Pinky promises made with innocent glee
Old friends taught new lessons
New friends paved way for sunshine

Bittersweet moments
Of dark intoxicated nights in the alley
Tables that wobbled and yearned to be fixed
Of devilish laughter and honey soaked tears
A warm embrace here, a gentle smile there
Icy cold barriers crumbling to dust
Hallways tainted in horror, yet serenely calm
Waiting for its next adventure
Toothless old man, have you been wandering long?
"Wandering, I may. Lost, I'm not. Come, dear child"
She looks perplexed, could it be?
An old wife's tale, she dismissed
And yet, the map she'll carry to navigate these courses
Cold metal to chest, a whoosh here, a tick there.
Two lives beating as one
A missed beat, a lost grip-ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Healers, we all are. If only not in vain. 
I heard a wise man once said
That we are born alone 
We live alone 
And we die alone
When that day comes, I want my soul intact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes