My Brownie Man!


I met a boy
A man, with the heart of a boy
With a disarming voice
That sends shivers down my spine
.."Darling," says he
On the other end of the line
bringing me to my knees
and setting my heart on fire
A moment of blur
Like a deer caught in headlights 
As I hurry to gather myself
He notices my nervous quiver
An all-knowing smirk begins to form
On the corner of his perfect lips
A tiny sigh escapes its ruby bondage
He calms me in an instant, as I melt
In to a puddle of nothingness
Burying my face in his chest
Butterflies explode inside my darkest depths
He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear
As he bends down to whisper 
.."I'm not going anywhere."
His fingers fidget behind his back
I peep sideways in anticipation
He chuckles at my childlike innocence
Like a skilled magician
Pulling out a hare from his hat
He produces an object 
That will forever tug on my heart strings
A guitar. 
My eyes widen in pure joy
Honey-coated melodies in the air
.."Give me a smile and just stay a while." sings he
I lie on my tummy listening intently
Fading in and out of my daydreams
The music stops, and so does my heart.
.."Is everything okay, darling?" he croons.
In a squeaky voice, I manage a faint yes
.."Brownies, I want!" 
He throws me on to his shoulder
Like a soldier following his commander's orders
.."Brownies, it is.." he chuckles.
As I squeal in excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes