Biryani Tales: Part 1


When the husband & I first started dating, he accidentally let it slip that he wasn’t a big fan of biryani. I could hear my heart shattering into a million pieces. As overdramatic as that sounds; being a Hyderabadi girl at heart, my love of biryani ran deep. This couldn’t work, how could it? What were my parents thinking setting me up with this heretic? I wouldn’t be friends with anyone who didn’t like biryani, let alone marry them. But alas, destiny had different plans and he won me over. And on that very day, I swore with every fiber of my being that I will convert him.😆I will make this marriage work, haha.

Being raised in Chennai & then in NYC, his impression of Hyderabadi biryani was bland rice with bland pieces of meat. Sshh. Clearly, he hasn’t had delectable biryani in his lifetime. So, we’ll choose to forgive him for that, yes? His idea of a flavorful biryani is what we Hyderabadis recognize as Pulao. Tomatoes, in biryani?! Such blasphemy! 

But on occasion, I still like to indulge him with his favorite delicious Pulao (SHRIMP PULAO). Like today.

To be continued in Biryani Tales Part 2...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes