• Somewhere between acquiring degrees, brooding over exams 
  • Agonizing over the trivialities…Life happened.
  • In the midst of all the chaos, the pandemonium - Life kept happening.
  • Engrossed by mere banalities, I paid no heed to its call
  • Brushed it away. Dismissed it with a flick of my hand.
  • Life tapped me on the shoulder, life landed gently on my brow. 
  • Reminding me to take note, to pause and smell the roses
  • But alas, I couldn't be bothered. I had to run, run swiftly, catch up to the invisible bus. 
  • Chasing long after it was gone, consumed in swirls of smog left in its wake.
  • Subtleties weren't my forte. Unfortunately, life hadn't a moment to spare
  • I grumbled at my inadequacies, I protested that life wasn't merry
  • But life kept happening - at its own pace, one treasure at a time, like pearls on a string
  • Unapologetically. Nonchalant to its ungracious child
  • A moment by the water fountain, a smirk from that crush she'd been waiting on
  • A best friend's lazy smile, a patient's sincere accolade, a teacher's worthy commendation
  • A work of art that brought joy, lending a hand that softened the soul
  • A sickness that took away her inner light, an eerie thought that dimmed her beauty
  • A voice that could soothe away the torrential strife, relentless passionate debates that never died
  • A failure that changed everything, a father's caress that brought back sunshine
  • A benevolent hand nudging me forward, an omnipresent being reminding me the war's still to be won
  • Life had happened. Life was happening. And I was the star. Yet I claimed to be the slave. 
  • How wretched, murmured Life in my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes