Hide Away





Welcome to the Hideaway.
The games of lovers, 
the eternal self denial, 

the blindfolds we wear oh so tightly, blocking out all light. 
In the dream scape of a love,
we hide from the horrors of truths,
preferring to shelter ourselves in dreams, 

from the slaps of truth. 
Huddled close, I reach to touch you. 
I need to be reassured, to be held close 
I beg you in dreams and awake. 
Love me, kill me, all the same. 
Tell me sweet lies, hide the pain of real. 
Make my daydreams come to me.
In rushes of promises that will never be kept,
Deceive me with forevers 
Oh my partner, in this merry go round world 
May we stay here forever? 
I don't want to face being alone 
In my bed of black lace. 
screaming, crying, bleeding. 
It's just too real 

don't let truths hurt us 
in our world of sweet dreams.
Let us hide in the madness.
I cannot deal with the truth, 

the rape of all I wanted,
believed to be so true.
I beg you to hide me now 
in this make believe world. 
All my dreams are there now 

I wove them into this.
can't face tomorrow 
Or forever. 

I come out each day and face reality 
and it bites and tears at my flesh. 
Scared, I run to your lies and promises,
Safe there, I hide. 
The scars of promises, pain, and disappointment 
mark my soul.
My heart leaks from pain, torn and shredded 
I wanted this to be our forever.
As I slip into insanity,
Kiss me, kill me, all the same to me.
As I run screaming,
to the world of it-doesnt-matter-anymore 
Find me there among the flowers,

I am the rose who has long faded away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes