Price of Wishes

He wasn't grounded. He wasn't real. And it WAS all a dream. *sighs*


You sold dreams for a living, and I was desperately looking for one.
I bought it with my soul, made a deal with the darkness.
The price I had to pay. 
I wonder as I walk, do you think of me? 
These streets of forever, desires in the eyes I see
But not the desire I wish from you, for me
I wander alone now, ever the huntress
Incapable of stopping the beast I have become
In this mortal wasteland
With its boring expectations, and silly needs
Not met by kindred seductions.
Never did I believe, I would end up this way
Each day hungering for your touch.
Is fate a cruel prankster, with an unfunny joke?
There is no light here, no smile, no embrace
I come out each day to face reality,
and it bites and tears at my flesh.
Lost in silent blood red rages,
Kiss me, Kill me..All the same to me!
I make love to my dagger, 
As it seeks out my insanity
I chuckle at the pain, for I feel only hunger
Dreaming of crimson rainstorms.
Oh Man of Darkness, where are thee?
Come, take her and set her free
You of hell fire's darkest knights,
Take your dark angel and hold her tight.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes