Love Letter


Hello there, stranger! 


       There's so many things I'd like to tell you tonight, but words fail me..as always! 
I stay up all night, stalking you! I see that you have changed, I see you smiling as you turn that alley. 
You don't sense my presence, but obviously! I cringe and fade into the shadows. Did I think this day would come? Sure. 
I knew hearts break, they shatter..but did it have to be you? I vow to be strong. Like I've been in the past, but heartbreak never brings with it courage. No, they never were compatible. *A single tear rolls down her cheek, she doesn't even reach to stop it*



...A feeling of dread
She wakes up in a cold sweat
A moment of blur, her breathing shallow

Suddenly, she feels a body next to hers
His protective arm around her waist
His steady heartbeat bringing her comfort

She shuts her eyes tightly for a minute
A tiny sigh escapes her ruby lips
"It was just a nightmare.."

She looks up at his face..and smiles
Huddling closer to him,
she traces his skin with her fingertips

Eyes still closed, He smiles a cheeky smile
He enfolds her into him,
Their bodies in a marriage of entangled sheets.

She rests her head on his rugged chest,
.."what took you so long?"
With one eye open, he whispers in her ear
.."I got here as fast as I could."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone EVER...?

Chimichurri Heaven

Advance Mother's Day Wishes